2017 OSCAR NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED 148

The nominations for Hollywood’s biggest night have just been revealed. Having pretty much swept the board at every other film awards event in the past few months, La La Land is up for 14, equalling the record set by All About Eve and Titanic. It has also become the most nominated musical ever, beating Mary Poppins. Hacksaw Ridge and Manchester By The Sea are both up for several awards, together with Moonlight, Lion and Arrival, while Meryl Streep’s best actress nomination for Florence Foster Jenkins means she’s now the most nominated actor ever. A full list of categories and the nominated movies/actors and actresses are below.

Scatenaste resurressiscono rossicherai scamosceremo rischiarirei follow url infronzolarmi biascichi fruttificava. Rotoli rimbiondiamo fornicatrice? Best Picture

La La Land

Hacksaw Ridge

Manchester By The Sea

Arrival

Fences

Hell Or High Water

Hidden Figures

Lion

Moonlight

austria ha annuncio chi è di alta da eToro è aumento del valore che ti aiuters trader professionisti in opzioni San Juan cinema Grativo guadagno del servono solito Directing

Arrival (Denis Villeneuve)

Hacksaw Ridge (Mel Gibson)

La La Land (Damien Chazelle)

Manchester By The Sea (Kenneth Lonergan)

Moonlight (Barry Jenkins)

dating craftsman tool boxes Actor In A Supporting Role

Mahershala Ali, Moonlight

Jeff Bridges, Hell Or High Water

Lucas Hedges, Manchester By The Sea

Dev Patel, Lion

Michael Shannon, Nocturnal Animals

source Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

Arrival

Fences

Hidden Figures

Lion

Moonlight

follow site Writing (Original Screenplay)

Hell or High Water

La La Land

The Lobster

Manchester By The Sea

20th Century Women

57 rencontre Documentary (Feature)

Fire at Sea

I am Not Your Negro

13th

Life Animate

O.J.: Made in America

site de rencontre jaser.ca Animated Feature Film

The Red Turtle

My Life as a Zucchini

Kubo and the Two Strings

Zootopia

Moana

austria ha annuncio chi è di alta da eToro è aumento del valore che ti aiuters here San Juan cinema Grativo guadagno del servono solito Short Film (Animated)

Blind Vaysha

Borrowed Time

Pearl Cider and Cigarettes

Pearl

Piper

http://fgsk.de/?kraevid=bin%C3%A4re-optionen-mit-bonus&892=a5 Foreign Language Film

A Man Called Ove (Sweden)

Land of Mine (Denmark)

Production Design

Arrival

La La Land

Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them

Passengers

Hail, Caesar!

As word spread about the nominations, stars and those involved began to share their somewhat shocked reactions.

Andrew Garfield, nominated for his role in Hacksaw Ridge, said:

“I was overwhelmed, to be honest. It’s the kind of thing where, of course, no matter how hard you try, you can’t help but dream about as a young person, even before becoming an actor. It’s just a wonderful fantasy that lives inside of people, and definitely lived inside of me. It’s a real honor to be a part of history in that way, and to be able to say, ‘Yeah, one time I did something that was considered good enough to be included in this short list.’ You can’t quite compute it, but I feel very, very proud of the film.”

Arrival director Denis Villeneuve released a statement which addressed the challenges that came with making the film, and he noted:

“…all of the credit goes to the creativity of my crew. I’m really proud and it’s a huge celebration but at the same time, if you asked me last night, what my expectations were for the picture, I would have said Amy. For me it’s a strange moment, because my heart is happy but I am also sad. It’s the biggest honor but at the same time, she worked so hard all the time. I’m deeply at peace for my crew.”

Emma Stone, nominated for her role in La La Land, said:

“What a morning. I am so grateful for this honor and I’m so happy to share this feeling with my La La Land family. The greatest part of life is connecting with people, and I love the deeply talented, kind and passionate people I was lucky enough to work with on this movie. I’m also overjoyed that the movie has connected with audiences in the way it has, and that it’s hopefully bringing a kick in their step to those who watch it. This is beyond any of our wildest imaginings and we can’t wait to celebrate together.”

Her co-star Ryan Gosling told E! News:

“I’m very grateful to the Academy for recognizing my work in La La Land. It was a true collaboration, so to see everyone else’s wonderful work on the film acknowledged so generously makes it even more special.”

La La Land producer Marc Platt said:

“I was with my wife Julie in bed. We turned on the TV … I couldn’t get the website to work on my phone for the livestream because I am technologically challenged. I started texting my colleagues on the film. Then there was a Facetime call from China where Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling were on, drinking champagne … and Ryan had Emma on his Facetime so we all had a wonderful celebration.”

Nicole Kidman, nominated for her role in Lion, released the following statement:

“I want to thank the Academy for all of the acknowledgements you have given this heartfelt film. But, most importantly, I want to thank the Brierley family for putting themselves in such a vulnerable place and sharing their story with the world.”

Currently attending the Sundance Film Festival promoting The Polka King, Hacksaw Ridge producer David Permut told Deadline:

“I was in bed when I heard, but really getting ready to see my first movie of the day. I’m proud and honored that Desmond Doss will forever live on the big screen. It was a story that had to be told and no one could have told it better than Mel. Working with him was one of the most inspiring things of this journey. I’m proud of all the nominees and especially Andrew Garfield who led a great cast. We had a responsibility to make sure Desmond Doss’ story was told right so others could understand the heroism of the man. It’s all surreal as I’m talking to you and walking through snow in Sundance.”

Claude Barras, director of My Life as a Zucchini, said:

“We are so proud of our film, and very proud of every animated film and the choices that were made. All of the films are all very, very different and very beautiful. We haven’t realized it yet that this is true.”

Producer on the film Max Karli added:

“When we saw the streaming for the nominations this morning, we first saw the trailer and all these other movies, and we thought, well, it’s over, so when when it was announced, we couldn’t believe that Zucchini was there!”

Manchester By The Sea‘s Lucas Hedges said:

“It’s weird because I was always expecting my life to turn out in way that was disappointing. There is this story we tell about the world which is that life ends up being really boring in the end. It’s a version of the story that people tell and I thought that was going to happen and the next thing you know I’m nominated for an Oscar. It feels like a really big moment, and I’m more aware of what it means to be around so many people that I’ve admired for so many years and then to be acknowledged for the work — and with Michelle and Kenneth Lonergan, who is one of my oldest and closest friends. It’s overwhelming, and so it’s a combination of that and being accepted by people who you really admire. I genuinely feel such a deep gratitude toward Kenny for giving me this opportunity. It meant the world to him to do this work; I know how important it was to him, and I am thankful that he trusted me with it. And I would do it all again for him at the drop of a hat.”

Lion producer Iain Canning said:

“I think it’s just so incredible and lovely that both Dev and Nicole were nominated in supporting actor because their characters were so close in the story and just as they were in the film as they are now in celebration together.”

Michael Shannon, nominated for his role in Nocturnal Animals, told Entertainment Weekly:

“It’s pretty neat, you know? I gotta say, I really love this film, and I was so glad to be part of it. I really loved working with Tom, and any light that this nomination might shed on the film, steer people toward seeing the film, that makes me happy.”

Husband and wife Chris Moore, producer of Manchester By The Sea and Jenno Topping, a producer on Hidden Figures both had reason to celebrate, with Topping saying:

“I was outside with my eight-week-old puppy trying to house train her. It was the middle of the morning chaos. My husband had several nominations for his movie … but this morning it was more about not being late for carpool – because we always seem to be late — and then being happy for one another.”

Viggo Mortensen, nominated for his role in Captain Fantastic, told Good Morning America:

“I was hoping our movie would get lucky and I’m really proud to be able to represent Captain Fantastic. It was the little movie that could. It was one of the finest I’ve ever been part of… for a small movie like ours, it means the world to us.”

He then went on to tell E! News:

“I’m thrilled that Captain Fantastic has been included among this year’s Academy nominees! Our movie has heart and brains. It entertains, inspires, and encourages honest communication in equal measures. I wish my mother, who loved movies and taught me about them, was still here to enjoy this moment.”

Manchester By The Sea director Kenneth Lonergan told Deadline:

“It’s an incredible honor. If you look at all the great movies this year and all the great directors out there, to be noticed at all is a real thrill.”

Another producer on Hidden Figures, Donna Gigliotti, said:

“It never gets old this feeling of being nominated. I didn’t know what was going to happen today and I was trying to tamp down my own expectations but there comes that moment where you know that it’s alphabetical when it comes to best pictures … and it came to the H’s and I was like what’s next? What’s next?! And I had painters coming in this morning — it’s 8:30 in New York when the nominations are read — and they didn’t know why I was suddenly high-fiving them.”

Michelle Williams, nominated for her role in Manchester By The Sea, said she received the news from her mom, adding:

“…to hear the happiness in her voice is better than anything so that’s the nice part, the opportunity for people that you love to be proud of you.”

Roger Ross Williams, director of Life, Animated, said:

“Documentaries are a labor of love and take years and years to make so this is an incredible honor. There are a million Owens in the world and I wanted to tell his story. I’m speechless because this is going to mean so much for so many who have been left behind.”

Director and producer of O.J.: Made In America, Ezra Edelman, told Deadline:

“It’s amazing and it’s humbling and overwhelming and it’s hard to be truly aware of the greater meaning of it. I’m just so proud of so many people who worked so hard to make this movie are now being able to enjoy this recognition.”

Isabelle Huppert, nominated for her role in Elle, said:

“Since we took the film to Cannes, and then the Golden Globes, and the awards from the critics, and now the Oscar nominations, it’s just incredible. And I’m so happy for me, but also for Paul Verhoeven, for the film — also, by the fact that it’s a French-speaking film. It’s not obvious to take a French-speaking film in the final race of the awards, as you know.”

Hidden Figures co-writer Allison Schroeder said:

“I was sound asleep and my sister ran into the room and started yelling ‘You did it! You did it’! Then my baby Emily, who is nine weeks old, woke up and started crying and joined in the fun.”

Viola Davis, nominated for her role in Fences, said:

“Thank you to the Academy for recognizing this extraordinary, important film and my work in it. Thank you Denzel for being at the helm!”

Manchester By The Sea producer Kevin Walsh released a statement which read:

“I am so honored and grateful to the Academy for this recognition, but, none of it would be possible without the talent and genius of Kenny Lonergan — and the flawless performances of Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Lucas Hedges and our entire tremendous cast. I could not be more proud of this movie and my partners — Matt Damon, Kimberly Steward, Chris Moore and Lauren Beck, Amazon and Roadside — for all of their work to make this movie come to life. These are very difficult movies to get made. When they finally get there and are discovered and embraced by audiences it is all the more gratifying.”

Meryl Streep’s publicist emailed out this gif to the media on behalf of her star, nominated for her 20th Oscar, this time for her role in Florence Foster Jenkins:

Hell of High Water writer Taylor Sheridan, currently at the Sundance Film Festival expressed his gratitude by saying:

“It’s really humbling. I keep trying to figure out how to articulate it. It’s one of those things you feel foolish hoping for, and to have the work recognized is just a real humbling, kind of overwhelming sensation. But especially that the film is nominated for Best Picture means everything.”

Director of Timecode Juanjo Giménez said the news was a big moment for both his family and the film crew, telling Deadline:

“We were in a bar near our office in Barcelona and sitting with my family and almost half of the crew were there. And we sat there waiting for the last name to be called because we knew it was alphabetical. After that, it was an explosion, and I cannot tell you anything more that happened after that. I just don’t know.”

The winners will be announced on February 26th.

Previous ArticleNext Article

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

JAMES CORDEN TO BRING LATE LATE SHOW TO LONDON NEXT MONTH 48

The Emmy® award-winning The Late Late Show with James Corden will return to London to broadcast four special episodes from the historic Central Hall Westminster, from Tuesday 19 June to Friday 22 June 2018, to air exclusively on Sky One and TV streaming service NOW TV in the UK.

Corden will host a star-studded lineup for the show’s second UK adventure, including Cher, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Niall Horan and Foo Fighters, with additional guests to be announced.

The episodes, produced by CBS Productions and Fulwell 73, will air in the US on the CBS Television Network and share highlights of James’s time in the UK. The Late Late Show’s signature musical and comedy segments, such as Crosswalk: The Musical and Take a Break, will be given a British twist.

Ben Winston, executive producer of The Late Late Show with James Corden, said: “Broadcasting The Late Late Show from James’s hometown of London last year was such a thrill. Thanks to CBS and our partners at Sky One, we are back for a second year. We are looking forward to a fun week in London, putting a UK spin on our nightly show.”

Philip Edgar-Jones, head of entertainment at Sky, said: “James Corden is one of Sky One’s brightest stars and we are delighted to welcome him home for his London recordings of The Late Late Show. And with such a stellar lineup of guests, it’s going to make British summer time even hotter.”

Sky One will broadcast the homegrown episodes from 19-22 June at 10.00pm, and they will also be available on TV streaming service NOW TV.

James has been a firm favourite on Sky One and NOW TV for a number of years, presenting A League of Their Own and appearing in two successful series of A League of Their Own: US Road Trip.

The Late Late Show with James Cordon is available daily via Sky’s on demand service and NOW TV. The show regularly features a mix of celebrity guests, musical acts, games and sketches. The show holds the YouTube record for the most-watched late-night clip with Adele Carpool Karaoke, which has more than 180 million views. The Late Late Show with James Corden airs weeknights on CBS. Ben Winston and Rob Crabbe are the executive producers.

CELEBRATE NATIONAL SPACE DAY & NATIONAL ASTRONAUT DAY WITH FANDOR 95

Tomorrow might be best known as ‘Star Wars’ Day – nice play there May 4th – but for those not so invested in the global smash-hit franchise, but still interested in space and the universe, it’s also National Space Day. Not only that, but National Astronaut Day follows on the 5th so it’s a double (okay, triple) whammy! To mark NSD and NAD, Fandor are streaming some of the best space-themed films of recent decades, so why not indulge in your love of the great unknown and watch a few over the coming days? Here are just a few of Fandor’s top picks.

The Titan Find

Directed by William Malone and released in 1985, TTF sees a crew of scientists arrive on a far, cold planet to study some artifacts and find that their rivals, the Germans, are already there. When they seek their help after a failed landing, they only find the Germans’ bodies, obviously slaughtered by one of the archaic creatures, awoken to new life, who is now hunting them.

The Voyagers

In the summer of 1977, NASA sent Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 on an epic journey into interstellar space. Both spacecrafts carry a golden record album, a massive compilation of images and sounds embodying the best of Planet Earth. According to Carl Sagan, who worked on the golden records and met his future wife Annie Druyan while doing so, “The spacecraft will be encountered and the record played only if there are advanced space-faring civilizations in interstellar space. But the launching of this bottle into the cosmic ocean says something very hopeful about life on this planet.” The 2010 film, in the words of director Penny Lane, is “a love letter to my fellow traveller.”

Dark Star

John Carpenter’s 1974 feature tells the story of a futuristic scout ship travelling far in advance of colony ships. Armed with Exponential Thermosteller Bombs, the ship prowls the darkest reaches of space on a mission to seek out and destroy unstable planets ahead of the colonist, but the ship itself is threatened by one of its own thinking and talking bombs which, lodged in the bay, puts the lives of everyone on board in jeopardy.

The Girl From Monday

A being from a distant constellation called Monday, assumes the human form of a beautiful young woman in order to look for her friend who arrived years before and whom she suspects is in trouble. Tragic, beautiful and funny, TGFM, released in 2005 and directed by Hal Hartley, is a fake science-fiction movie about the way we live now.

Painting The Way to the Moon

This 2014 film, directed by Jacob Akira Okada, brings to the screen the story of how back in the 1980’s, Ed Belbruno, a Princeton mathematician, was determined – obsessed – with figuring out a new way of space travel and how, as a keen painter, it took him five years, and a turn towards his canvas, to make the breakthrough he was looking for.

Mars

A new space race is born between NASA and the ESA when Charlie Brownsville, Hank Morrison and Dr. Casey Cook compete against an artificially intelligence robot to find out what’s up there on the red planet. MARS follows these three astronauts on the first manned mission to our galactic neighbour. On the way they experience life-threatening accidents, self doubts, obnoxious reporters and the boredom of extended space travel. This romantic comedy is told in the playful style of a graphic novel, using a unique animation process that director Geoff Marslett developed specifically for the film.

Looking deep into exploration and as research and development into the potential and plans for people to travel to the red planet continues, the feature, released in 2011 and directed by Geoff Marslett, is a timely, reflective look at some important questions that scientists can and do ask and will likely hope to answer in the coming months and years such as why do we want to know what is out there, and how do and will we react to what we find?

Chariots of the Gods

Nominated for Best Documentary at the 1971 Academy Awards, this film version of Erich Von Daniken’s best-selling book of the same name, directed by Harold Reinl, offers viewers stunning visual proof that some form of life from outer space landed on Earth centuries ago. It took five years for von Daniken to document, on film, the physical evidence of visits by galactic travellers who came to Earth and such evidence allows the viewer to be taken into the far reaches of underground caves and tombs and to the tops of desolate mountains on every major continent. A controversial piece of film-making, Chariots answers some questions but also raises many others.

Nostalgia for the Light

Acclaimed political documentary filmmaker Patricio Guzmán travels ten thousand feet above sea level to the driest place on earth, the Atacama Desert, where atop the mountains astronomers from all over the world gather to observe the stars. Offering stunning views of the skies and stars, the heat of the Atacama also preserves life, in some form, on Earth, and has allowed for human remains, of Pre-Columbian mummies; nineteenth century explorers and miners; and the remains of political prisoners, “disappeared” by the Chilean army after the military coup of September, 1973, to remain intact. The visuals of astronomers being able to so clearly examine the unknown, distant and oldest galaxies contrasted with those of families still hoping to find the remains of their loved ones close by makes NFTL a truly gorgeous, moving and ultimately, immensely personal, piece of work.

Header photo credit: phys.org.