GAME OF THRONES TO RUN FOR AT LEAST 8 SEASONS 0 281

Despite speculation that the hit HBO show might end after season seven, earlier this week, programming president Michael Lombardo stated that it will run for AT LEAST eight seasons.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association’s event he said:

“The question is: How much beyond seven are we going to do? Obviously we’re shooting six now, hopefully discussing seven.”

He added, making reference to show-runners David Benoiff and Dan Weiss:

“….feel like there’s two more years after six. I would always love for them to change their minds, but that’s what we’re looking at right now.”

His statement however doesn’t mean that season eight is guaranteed…at least not yet, but it does give fans hope that the show they love so much might not end quite so soon.

Season five of the show has received a lot of criticism for its violence, notably the scenes featuring Sansa Stark’s rape and the burning alive of Shireen Baratheon, but Lombardo defended the show, stating that, from its inception, it’s been dark and violent. He declared:

“In the pilot episode we see a 7-year-old boy pushed to seemingly his death from a tower. This show has had violence from the first episode.”

He went on to praise the show and ever-growing success by saying:

“It went to 20 million viewers this year, it went up over 1 million viewers from the prior season. The show continues to grow dramatically.”

Of course, he was also asked the one question that’s been on everyone’s lips and minds in the last few weeks – the one surrounding whether or not Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) really is dead. To that, he responded with:

“Dead is dead is dead. He be dead. Everything I’ve seen, heard and read, Jon Snow is indeed dead.”  

Filming is currently under-way on season six.

Previous ArticleNext Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

STRICTLY 2019: ANNEKA RICE JOINS LINE-UP 0 18

Anneka Rice is an award-winning broadcaster.

The 17th series of the NTA and Bafta award-winning entertainment show produced by BBC Studios will return in the autumn on BBC One putting the sparkle back into Saturday and Sunday nights.

Anneka says: “I haven’t danced since I was seven and Miss Beer sent me home from my ballet class because I was hopelessly uncoordinated. My family and friends haven’t seen me dance since, not at a wedding or round a handbag so it’s going to be a challenge for my partner. In fact I’ve asked for two, one on each side. I can’t see myself in a long frilly dress either. But I’m feeling recklessly excited. Strictly has always been my Autumn’s entertainment and now I’m part of it! My children will probably leave the country”.

Anneka Rice shot to fame in this country as the Sky-Runner in Channel 4’s Treasure Hunt.

She also presented Sporting Chance, TV-am, Driving Force, Wish You Were Here, Capital Woman, Combat, Holiday, Hell’s Kitchen, The Royal Variety Performance and numerous other shows.

She went on to devise the award-winning Challenge Anneka for BBC One, shining a spotlight on issues like disability, homelessness and animal welfare and has raised millions of pounds worth of supplies and services for charities and communities.

Her radio work includes the Radio 2 Saturday Breakfast Show which she presented for six years; Pick Of The Week, Friday Night Is Music Night, The Arts Show, Sunday Love Songs, Loose Ends, and the award-winning podcast Fortunately.

She is a Patron of Operation Encompass, Help for Heroes and Horatio’s Garden.

CASUALTY NEWS: JANE HAZLEGROVE TO RETURN AS DIXIE 0 19

Casualty fans can expect to see a familiar face back on screen soon, as Jane Hazlegrove is set to reprise her role as Dixie for two episodes in Casualty’s new series this autumn.

Making an appearance as part of the HEMS (Helicopter Emergency Medical Service) team, Dixie arrives at a call out in the nick of time to assist the paramedic team with a young lad who has a life-threatening chest injury.

But it’s not just the patient who Dixie will have an impact on. Seeing an old colleague taking on a whole new challenge really leaves an impression on Iain and leads him to think about his own future.

Jane Hazlegrove says: “It was really great to see some familiar faces again and of course to hang out with Sir Michael Stevenson… despite the fact that his jokes haven’t got any better!”

Simon Harper, Executive Producer Casualty and Holby City, says: “It’s wonderful to have the brilliant Jane Hazlegrove back in the Casualty family fold. Dixie was and remains a massively popular character with the audience who miss her to this day, and she and Iain are clearly going to have a lot to catch up on after his tumultuous year.”